Monday, August 17, 2020

Having a "different day"...can be refreshing

I was surprised to hear about your "Gold Man" day, as I have often thought of doing something similar ...if given opportunity. I think of all the boxes and bags I have of jewelry just sitting - some I have stored in more secure special places thinking I may wear at some time in my life ( who goes anywhere these days that requires any special apparel or jewelry) but others are all just "put away" - accumulating. I applaud you!
So no Canadian Football or Grey Cup this year...is Dave in withdrawal yet? Cathy does Jim watch football regularly? It has been so long since I watch TV that it does not matter to me anymore. But in the past I sure loved it...
Busy with garden and produce most days now - doing picking and cleaning and dehydrating, and some relish making.Still some growing time yet but I have been trying to clean up dead plants etc and still trying to weed a bit which is actually mostly a lost cause haha!
We have planned to visit Mike next week on Aug 26 at his request because he will be starting back to University on Sept 7 - still not sure in what format - on campus classes or online etc but he has his courses chosen and paid for for the Fall semester of his third year - hard to believe for me! It will be nice to see him again although I am really spoiled with phone calls most every day. And with Willie as well . I often think that I am really lucky to hear from both my children most every day. We went up to Willie's this afternoon to pick up three big black plastic shelf units he had in his old basement but no room in his new house. i can really use them as I had thought of buying a unit to put in the basement to try to organize "things". Now I shall have the shelves I need so I shall plan to put great effort and time into making it work. It is time to make changes around here haha! Most likely a winter project?
I picked up my new eye glasses this afternoon (finally!!)and very anxious to try them put by reading on my book in bed once all the animals are put to bed and the house is closed up.
Maybe I should get at it....so take care and be safe. Thinking of you always....

No comments:

Post a Comment