Friday, August 21, 2020

Friday already?

The week seemed to fly by and I really have nothing to show for it.
This morning I am going over to visit dear Daisy and her son and granddaughter, I baked some muffins to take and then Michelle called about 8:30 pm last night to say she bought a cake and candles for her father as it is his B'day today (65years) and was Harry coming with me? This sort of changed my plans a bit. So I will get a card and maybe a scratch and win ticket to take, and still take my muffins but maybe tie a ribbon around them haha! Harry is not coming though. 
Last night another loud and wet thunderstorm rolled through here. i did not bother to check for water at the front but see this morning the muddy markings on the sidewalk where it had filled at the front. I probably should have been up to pump but did not. 
Harry produced 23 jars of mixed veg relish yesterday. I will have to find some shelf room to store them. I would love to be able to go through the shelves downstairs and sort the jars - we really do not use much of it anymore. So many should be put in the compost (from years past) ...it certainly would make more room. 
I am almost finished the second book by Dorothea Benton Frank. I have enjoyed them both and can order more if i choose. But I also have the two Cotton Malone novels by Steve Barry to read yet, which I will have to renew. I like those novels as well.
Hope all is well with you folks. The Covid 19 virus is causing increased concern in your areas so I am thinking of you to be safe and stay home! it is no different here in Ontario although in our area there are few cases but the cottage people from Toronto keep coming up and frequenting our stores, and restaurants. 
All for now...have a nice weekend - tell me what you are up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment