Sunday, August 9, 2020

Rainy over the night and still a bit wet this morning

That is OK as I'll take some rain just to wet things in the garden but i do not want thunderstorms which are also forecast. I was able to putter a bit yesterday in the yard but not near enough to satisfy my need. There is much that can be done. The apple tree that I love that produces large apples, of which kind I do not know, is starting to drop the apples on the ground which it does every year. So I gather them up and had enough to make a delicious apple crisp yesterday. This morning I have another four and almost enough in my container sitting on the counter to make apple sauce or maybe some muffins. I was just out gathering them with Bailey and it was like an Easter egg hunt of sorts - walking around to see if I can spot an apple that has fallen and perhaps hidden under some plant or such.
I also just watched another short video from The Last Homely House.She has been absent again so to allay any concerns she has made a short one to show she is still there and alive haha! Pati I wonder if what Kate describes as post virus tiredness and lack of energy might have been what you described for yourself a bit back? I hope you are over it all now and sometimes by the sounds of your adventures, you must be well back on your feet- even if you do take the odd nap? But I enjoyed seeing her post again as this in one blog I try to follow.
I was horrified to hear about the deadly tornado passing too close to you folks. I know Virden is west by some few 100 Km but for me it was too close .....Cathy did you feel any of the winds/rains?
Time to get busy for the day. Take care...be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment