Thursday, August 27, 2020

Raining...

Pouring rain as I got up early this morning and Bailey just ran out the door, did his thing quickly and ran in again. No messing around for him! It's ok to rain as we probably need a bit of moisture but in a way it sort of "dampened" my day. I was set to do a lot in my mind at least, and now with my first coffee in my hand, feel less ambitious haha! I am sure that will wane as the day progresses.
Yesterday was a very nice trip to visit Mike and we did nothing really but sit around, and talk and eat. His truck needed a boost because of a dead battery so Harry and Mike did that while i watched. i never know how to connect those charger cords so better for me to stay out of it!  Mike gave me the next Erin Hildebrand book What Happens in Winter so I am anxious to start that. I have too many book options again. Gerd from across the street ( my late friends husband) handed me a big bag of books yesterday as I passed with the dogs - Ruth always gave me her read books and she was prolific with reading all the time. Now he says he has read all these and does not know what to do with them. He looks ok but I think is a bit "lost" still. I asked if he thought the Dutch neighbours would be coming this year ( Ruths sister and husband) but he says they are likely not to come at all.  We had received a postcard from them with a confusing comment about "seeing us soon" so I had to ask Gerd.
So much in the news now about this Covid 19 and ramifications especially with the schools pending opening. I really do not think it will fly, and some rather vocal parent groups are forming clusters to teach their children at home. There have been construction  trucks at the local school for awhile and we imagine they are inside making renovations to the classrooms etc to accommodate the return. Interesting for us to be watching the local "summer camp" here in Sundridge. Probably close to 20 kids and several leaders swarming around downtown in the park and walking around - all close together and no masks etc. Wonder what they are thinking in even holding the camp, let alone not adhering to medical health experts about social distancing and masks.
I must have some breakfast - I am hungry but never know what to eat in the morning. I wish i were by your side Pati as you plan your menus. When I visited there you always came up with the most interesting combinations from dear Dr Phil's book. I am happy that through your Morning papers you are getting interested again in continuing your regieme. I am rooting for you!!! By the way, I was reading the blog from Margaret Blank and she mentioned so many of the things I like ie the calendar from The Last Homely House, and the Morning Papers and other readings etc  that you have done and mentioned Pati - so it is a small world of like thinkers i guess? Or we are drawn to like thinkers?
Anyway time to get going as I seem to be rambling on this morning. haha! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment