Sunday, August 30, 2020

Christmas Carols

 Yesterday, for some reason, I kept whistling Christmas Carols as I was helping Rrain. And I couldn't have been that quiet cause at one point she asked if I was singing "Oh Christmas Tree".  She says she got lots done, but I keep looking at all she has left to do and feel like I have done nothing.  On the other hand I am getting quite handy at ironing and trimming and folding.  Not to mention attaching elastics and nose clips.  Skills I really didn't know I was lacking. I have today off, so I got some salsa made this morning.  Jim wanted pickled beets, but he didn't get the hints that the beets would have to be dug before the rain started.  Oh well. I didn't get out to the garden this morning so I am not sure what needs to be picked today.  Lots of hot peppers, but few of the green ones.  And Manitoba tomatoes the size of grape tomatoes.  I am sure they were mislabeled.This morning while making myself some breakfast I managed to pour hot bacon grease over my fingers.  I kept going and finished up my canning and most of the dishes, but they are really starting to hurt now.  Ice and aloe. I didn't finish the last of the dishes since I couldn't face the hot water.  I also don't think I am going to get as much cleaning done today as I had hoped.  Maybe I just need another day of down time.  Rain does make you want to just curl up with a book.  I get my hair cut on Wednesday!  Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment