Friday, August 14, 2020

at last--rain!

While the rain started out intermittent and light, by mid-afternoon it was heavy and steady. Not before it was needed. But it also brings to mind the old adage of "be careful what you wish for" as we now have flood warnings for the South Eastern part of the province.  This is the same area that we had the severe overland flooding a little earlier this year.

Gail and I had agreed to meet for coffee at Starbucks, feeling fairly safe, as the rain was very light at that point.  We ended up outside under an umbrella for over 2 hours.  Finally I got too cold and suggested it was time to leave.  We had been joined by her friend Andrea ( the one who was hired to help David in the garden, last year), who sat and darned socks the whole time we were there.  She wore a tank top and shorts, while I was cold in my jeans and Gail was wearing a heavy sweater.  I don't know how she did it.

This outing was planned earlier in the week as a celebration of Gail's birthday ( yesterday).  She had also asked to see my sketch books, so I took three along with me, and we spent time going through them.  She liked a few of my pages, and for the most part--thank Goodness--they were the same ones as I particularly like, and had posted a couple of them on the other blog.  This gave me the courage to post them on the Gallery page of the workshop, once I got home.

So, a cold rainy night, and a good reason to stay at home for the evening.  Friday night is usually chaos for poker players, but maybe I'll try it out anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment