Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Heat

 Another very hot day. Our thermometer said 35c (plus unknown humidex)  when we went to town this afternoon. Too hot to function. There is a breeze outside now to give us some relief. Needless to say we did very little today. Just too hot. Neither one of us feels like food....just too hot. Tomorrow we start to dog sit for a couple of days. He really is a beautiful golden retriever, but spoiled!  We are doggie day care during the day, but have to take home home at night so that their daughter can take over (she works in Brandon until 10pm). He could stay here but we won’t let him on the bed so he would be upset. (Duh!). Oh well.  We are still searching for a dog for ourselves. It seems that sometimes there are dogs everywhere but right now there seems to be none. Except Brandon Humane Society which won’t consider you unless you have a fenced yard. We will keep searching. Masks are becoming a lot more prevalent in Neepawa now. With the increase in cases in our area people are once again nervous. Mostly because   of the cases in Brandon. I was in the pharmacy today with my mask on and the pharmacist said “what can I do for you today Cathy?” I guess I am unforgettable even with half my face covered. Rrain has so many orders for her masks. Settlement services ordered 50 and palliative care ordered her masks with the view panel to read lips. She knows it won’t last long so she is working like mad to pay the bills that backed up over the last few months with reduced income.  She is also putting some aside for taxes so she is being responsible that way. I think I am glad that I am “old” through all of this. I would hate to being trying to make ends meet right now. It is hard enough with our pensions, and with that we have a guaranteed income. Tomorrow I am back to the doctor. Hopefully he has finally gotten my blood pressure where he wants it. I am definitely happier with the level of medication I am on now. So if my blood pressure is acceptable we will both be happy. Keep your fingers crossed. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment