Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Oatmeal Cookies

Another quickie for this morning before the day begins....I made some oatmeal cookies yesterday and they were a bust! I have made oatmeal cookies many times and all was well with various recipes including one of yours Pati, but this time i went into my recipe box and brought out a recipe from Mom...in her hand writing, and soiled with age, and from many years of her use!  I do not remember making these before, but obviously she did by the looks of the recipe. So I jumped right in and gave it a try. Not a nice result. Very disappointed with it all and consequently these will stay home and be eaten by me and not go to Mike's. I guess that is OK after all haha! I thought I might try another tried and true recipe today but have given up on that idea since I have so much more to do to get ready for our trip to Mike's tomorrow. 
I stayed up and listened to the CBC radio broadcast of the results of the Conservative leadership race on Sunday night - it did not end until about 1:30 am because of glitches with the voting count machine but, nevertheless, i was interested to see it to the end. So I am laggy yesterday and into today, but the work carries on. The animals and their care take up a lot of my time and it seems endless. I do not think I mentioned that we have the new little dog, as well as two little kittens now and that requires more vigilant care and attention. As well, I have to go to the Vets with these new animals - Needles and fixing, and with the little dog Dental Surgery on Sept first which requires anaesthetic. But, my relationship with the Vet now after the intensive care of Bailey affords me some benefits and he says I can help with the Surgery. I look forward to this as I will be with "Lily" the whole time.Same as i was with Bailey throughout his ordeal. 
Time for a coffee and get dressed and start to hustle. I can hear thunder rumbling in the background so we may be info another storm.
Take care and be safe please. Too much bad news about the virus coming from Manitoba these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment