Friday, August 21, 2020

Reading

 I've probably read close to 20 of her books now, and have ordered the last 4 available in our library.  I just finished "Pawleys Island" and found it to be one of the better ones in the bunch.  I certainly enjoyed it more than the couple that were heavily reliant on ghosts to create the plot.

Today we were out early to run errands as there are heat warnings for the area--again.  We had gone to Walmart early yesterday and bought a silly little Starfrit gadget for chopping onions.  Well, we couldn't figure out how it worked!  So David was off to return it, and couldn't.  Walmart was closed as they had had a fire during the night!  Lots of Police around, but no way to return the gadget. So he went to a larger liquor store in the same area, as the little one in Sobeys didn't have my St. Remy brandy. Didn't he come home with the 40 oz'er rather than the 26oz I expected.  Too bad-  tee hee

With today's mail was one of the three books we ordered off Amazon, written by P. J. Tracy, but not part of the Monkeewrench series.  Surprise.  It is just the first Monkeewrench book under a different title.  It seems that the books were released in Britain, under their original titles, and then re-titled for release in the USA a year later.  Now, I'm pretty sure this is the case for the other two books we're waiting for.  What a waste of both money and time.  Would you be interested in them Cathy?

Since I struggle with my eating so much, this morning I started "Morning Pages" focusing on that instead of revitalizing my art.  So, one day down, and we'll deal with tomorrow when it comes.  Since we were out early, I did them at Starbucks, while David was running errands.  Worked well, and may help in establishing the routine, even if they were later in the morning.

Well today is laundry day,  Better get at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment