Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Be - and yet life marches on...

I think it is the latter - taking a moment out of an otherwise whirlwind of activity/chores/requirements or whatever, but it is absolutely a godsend for me to check the blog as regularly as I am able in order to keep in contact. So it is equally important for me to write a few words as I am able. I went to North Bay today to go with Mike to take his drivers test for the next step in the graduated process to get his permanent civilian licene. His current licence requires that he can drive only with a fully licenced driver of at least four years standing. It seems ludicrous for him to go through this (but a legal requirement) since he is so highly trained and qualified as a driver instructor / examiner with the Military. He passed today but kept his mouth shut when the "young" examiner cautioned him on a few points that Mike knew not to be true. Now he can drive on his own, and must wait for another year before he can take his final test. I stopped into Coles bookstore and purchased a book for myself - it is nice to treat yourself once in a while. I bought a book called The Prayer Shawl which includes the history of the making of such shawls, the process of how to ensure the making is meaningful, and also pictures and patterns. It is beautiful and even if I just read it rather than utilize it, the purchase will be worthwhile. I have lots of wool on hand and lots of needles of different sizes, so I intend to start on a simple pattern. I would still like to purchase a shawl pin from Mary Maxim - on sale this month - but will probably never put an order in. Fun to look at though Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment