Saturday, December 24, 2016

A good day to stay home

but--with the storm warnings, David figured we should fill the gas tank, and the jerrycan for the snowblower.  So out we went, up to the gas station on Gateway.  Yesterday there was no way to get into the one on Regent, with all the heavy traffic, and we thought today  just might be worse.  No problem the way we went, and I was able to get into Tim's for my daily coffee. Paid for with a  Tim's card I found in my purse, that was probably left over from our wonderful celebration last year. But is it ever cold out!  So our plan for tomorrow is to dress really well, go out early, and come home early, so we can avoid the worst of the storm, which is predicted for later in the evening.  We're pretty well ready.  The veggies are all prepared for cooking, and in the fridge.  I have my almond tarts and Nanaimo bars, but don't dare open the packages, as there would be no way to get more, if I were to eat it all.  So I'll plate them right before we go out.  We plan to cook the "Pip'n'Squeek and then put it in a slow cooker to stay warm during the trip and then at Amber's, before dinner is served. She is making a mousse for dessert, and then the dainties will be kept for later during game playing.  I don't plan to bring any home with me, but I'm hoping for a bit of turkey for our supper on Monday, as it's likely we won't be going out that day, if the storm turns out  to be as bad as predicted.

I didn't buy a table centre, and David won't let me take my big black tablecloth.  He doesn't think it will go well with paper plates.

Have a great day everyone, and remember to raise a glass to "Family" at 6:00 Winnipeg time.

No comments:

Post a Comment