Friday, December 23, 2016

Movie Night

David and I were just putting in time waiting to head out, so I suggested we go early and have supper in one of the restaurants in the area.  We ended up at Applebees, as I recalled the very nice salad I had when out with my stitching friends.  We got parking right in front of the building, and, when we let them know we were going to a movie, they served us quickly.  It was a pleasant supper, and, because the waitress went to extra trouble making sure we had everything and were served quickly etc ( she really did), I gave her a generous tip, despite being surprised at the size of the bill.  While we were getting our coats on, David looked the bill over, and questioned why we were paying for two salads.  Sure enough, an overcharge.  So they reversed the charges on my debit and gave us a new and correct bill.  I didn't feel comfortable reducing her tip, so she got a bit extra for Christmas.

We decided to leave the car near the restaurant, as we could see how busy the parking lot looked, and walked over.  When we got there, there were several handicap spaces, so David went back and got the car.  With parking right outside the mall entrance, we left our parkas in the car and just walked in.  Met the family, and went into the show.  A quite good "shoot 'em up", Star Wars style, with all sorts of bits and pieces taken from older plots. ( The "token" Jedi was a blind Asian martial arts expert)  After it was over, we all realized that we had been spotting characters from the other movies in the series, no matter how small their part was in this one.  We had also spent time recognizing actual bits taken from previous Star Wars movies, and places where actors who are now dead, had been technically re-animated to appear in this one.  I guess that says a lot about how gripping the plot was.  Regardless, it was a fun evening, and I'm glad we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment