Monday, December 19, 2016

Avoidance

I guess I avoid posting cause I have nothing nice to say.  We have a new pump in our septic tank.  I guess we will find out this weekend if it is working.  I takes about 5 - 6 days for the tank to fill.  Just in time for Christmas.  Work is work...... nuff said.  Jim bought me a present today.  Okay.... I bought it but he knew how much I wanted one.  It was a bath pillow.  Our tub is an older one with the straight back.  You just can't lie back in it and relax.  Now I have a pillow!!  Last night we had just finished supper when 3 sleds pulled into the yard.  We thought it was Kellie and Tyler but one of the guys came to the door and said his friend had been hurt on the trail and could we take him to town!!  Jim took him to the hospital.  It turned out to be someone we knew.  He actually chipped some bones on his back bone.  Nothing that would impair him...... just a lot of pain.  The dogs ran out barking... I told the guys they were all bark and no bite but just then one of them revved his engine.  Both dogs came tearing back into the house with their tails between their legs.. So much for having evil watch dogs :)    I think I am ready for Christmas.  I have 2 mashed potato casseroles in the freeser.  One for the 24th and one for Christmas.  I am having Copper Pennies (a cold Carrot salad)  Green Bean Casserole (the one with mushroom soup and  French's Onions.)  Kik is making Trifle ..  thanks for the tradition Pati!!  My co-worker gave me some of her daughter's toys that she doesn't  play with.  Olivia is one year older than Chloe..  Now I have something for her to play with on Christmas day.   I got her a Play Dough Fire Engine and a Gear Guys (John Deer) quad and lift.  The weather has finally broken. From -33 to -3.  A nice break.  Christmas will be colder but still much nicer than we have had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment