Thursday, December 8, 2016

Winter update

We didn't leave the house yesterday, except to blow snow and bring in the recycling bin.  We don't know when the garbage was picked up, but it was gone when we got up this morning.  There is evidence of some snow removal going on, but not a lot of machinery  be seen out there. Today, we wanted to hit the dollar store, and grocery store,  and I have hopes of getting to the library a little later--maybe. There is a lot of snow.  David has been out and cleared the driveway 4 times, in the last two 1/2 days.  I wore my new parka today, and only discovered that the price tags were still attached on the way home.  ( Beth, the pink hat that Harry's mother made, that you sent me many, many years ago, goes very nicely with my new parka) Once we got home, in our efforts to get in the house, my Starbuck's coffee got spilled all over the kitchen floor--I hadn't even had  one sip.  That means that the kitchen floor needs washing, and David got a carpet remnant out of the garage to put by the front door, as we have de-icer on the front steps.  The remnant came with all sorts of loose fluff and bits, so the vacuum is going hot and heavy right now.

The trip to the grocery store was to get some baking potatoes and fresh mushrooms, so David could have a nice steak for supper.  We forgot, so now have to figure out what we'll eat.  He hasn't been eating well lately, and I had wanted to have something special for him.  This afternoon the fellow from the Geek Squad is coming to fix  whatever the fellow did last week.  At this point, for some reason, I just want to sit down and cry, but I must carry on-somehow.   Ble-e-ech!

However--while at the dollar store I found some little Christmas ornaments, that I just had to have.  They are on my little tree, and look quite fine, thank you.  Since the little tree just gets moved to the basement January 1st, I don't even have to take them off, if I don't want to. And David found a new hat to wear for Christmas. 


Thank you to the Geek Squad for fixing my computer and letting me post pictures again.

No comments:

Post a Comment