Monday, December 26, 2016

Holiday wishes

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.  Rrain came over for an early dinner and left before four.  She says the highway was already pretty much a white out by then.  Kris, Sandi and Chloe decided not to come, with my full blessing . Much as I wanted to see them I wanted them to be safe.  The snow appears to have lightened up, but the wind is howling and blowing it everywhere.  I took my selfie and emailed it.  I tried to post it from my phone but I couldn't make it work.  We spent Christmas Eve with Kellie (Jim's goddaughter) and her family.  Her first time hosting Christmas at her home.  Sooo much food.  We didn't eat until late by the time everything was ready....... pirogi, cabbage rolls, meat balls, turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, mashed turnip, mashed yams, taco salad, pickles, cheese, jellied salads, buns............ All I had was turkey, gravy,  beans, potatoes, stove top,  and copper pennies as a salad. (and left over cheese from the night before).  Kris and family hope to make it out on New Years Day.  We have to take food to the levy at the Legion, but will work around it somehow.  I've gathered a big laundry basket of toys for Chloe to play with while she is here so I hope they can stay for a visit.  I have my turkey carcass simmering on the stove and the laundry on.  Jim wants to get out side and shovel a path out from the house, but I think unless he waits a bit he will just lose ground.  Oh well.  It will keep us busy for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment