Monday, December 12, 2016

Down Day

We've been so busy the last few days, even though we hadn't stepped out of the of house since Friday, that we both needed a bit of a "down" day today.  Friday, we got a message from the doctor's office, asking David to go in to "discuss test results", and I worried myself sick over the weekend thinking that it was be the Sleep apnea test.  Called them back this morning, and it turns out he is vitamin B12 deficient, and we'll find out how it is to be treated on Wednesday.  Isn't there someone else in the family that suffers from that?  I can't remember who.

Cathy, I can see why you're worried.  While we don't have a septic system, I remember the constant worry we had over the sump pump in the last house.  I remember being in my housecoat, along with Loren, out on the deck, in cold, wet snow, at 3:00 in the morning, trying to get the damn thing to work.  This seemed to happen every year, when David was away driving his father to Florida, and again in the spring, when he was away driving him back.  Constant worry.  I was so glad to see the last of that damn thing, and vowed to never have one again.  Then again, I remember the septic system at the lake.  No-one bothered to do any maintenance until it was time to sell up.  We weren't even sure where it was, and David had to dig up half the yard, with a shovel, before finding the access, and then realized that no-one had arranged to have it emptied in almost 30 years.  Lots of very weak excuses about why not, over the years, but we got someone out to do it with one short phone call.

Cooked our turkey, and made stock, yesterday, then spent most of the evening watching "Guardians of the Galaxy", on CTV.  I started watching it, and David got sucked in.  Love that movie, no matter how confusing the plot is. Good to know that there is another episode coming up soon.

David took my "lime green parka with the blue paint on it" into a fire hall this morning, along with a pair of men's gloves, with the price tag still attached. ( too small) Good to know it's all gone to charity, as it was still serviceable even if the colour was awful.  Then we went to buy my daily coffee.  As is my custom, I grabbed my Starbuck's card, and my Interac cards as well, as I thought it might be needed.  When it came time to pay, I discovered that what I thought was my Starbuck's card was my Mastercard.  So our rule about nothing less than $10 on credit or Interac, got broken.  I really can't believe how guilty I feel.

I have started to put the black around my hexie lozenges.  David took one look at what I was doing, and asked "How big is that thing going to be?"  I think I need to get worried too.  This may well turn out to be the lifetime project, that I laughingly described it as.

No comments:

Post a Comment