Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Christmas weekend has arrived

Early Christmas Eve and a light dusting of snow on the ground and threat of more over course of day.  Greetings from here as we all start our celebrations of Christmas.
I am reading on the Free Press that a warning is in place for severe weather for you folks.  Take care and I will be thinking of all the family, as you drive here and there to be together.
Yesterday I did the roof.  This is a big event for me, took lots of worrying and then lots of work but it is done.  Of course I don't go on the roof but rather on a ladder with the snow rake and only get about six feet or so of snow off from the eaves up. But I had to watch the new eaves this time and ensure I did not cause any untoward damage.  And then clean up the heavy wet snow left on the ground.  Lots of fun but it is done - for now!
Today we shall make up some cookie trays for our trip to Mike's tomorrow and then load up the car with what we can - we have a box of gifts and I have some boxes of stationary supplies for them. I have so much in the way of stationary eg file folders, paper etc. One trip to the dump this Fall netted us boxes and boxes of the stuff and boxes of new bristle boards etc. Just thrown away. and now here, are sorted out, and some going to Erin
We bought a prime rib roast on sale at Foodland yesterday - the butcher is a friend and trimmed it up nicely so we shall likely be cooking that Boxing Day for ourselves.  Looking forward to our meal with Mike and Erin - I know we are having turkey, and also turnip because Mike was teasing Erin about getting his machete out to cut it.  I made some cranberry sauce to take, and I'll also take some onion dip - a favourite of Mike's.
So my dear sisters - have a wonderful family Christmas.  Think of all our old home grown traditions and remember those happy times, and enjoy making new memories together.
I shall raise my glass in a toast at our special time and think of you doing the same.......   Take care and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment