Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas pictures

The pictures tell the story! Thanks for sharing the "toast moment" with me. And I'm glad to receive news from your parts in light of the storm warnings on the news.  Hoping all our family members are now home safe and sound?  Cathy did you get any pictures of the gang at your home that you can send?
Our drive was uneventful as the weather held - beautiful sunny skies and smooth sailing!  I had my toast back at home - while watching yet another of my movies The Polar Express. Mike and Erin were having their toast together at their home but alas I have no pictures to send. And I was on the phone with Willie just after 7 pm to touch base with him - so my family was all heard from haha!
The day for me was wonderful - visiting, seeing their new furniture and decorated house and enjoying a very delicious meal made by them both.  This is the first year that his Christmas tree has been set up fully - for years since he came back from overseas, the tree stayed in the box and he just put lights around the outside - became a standing joke with us and all his friends. This is also maybe the first year that Harry didn't have a hand in the preparation and delivery of the meal, so it was nice for him to relax and enjoy. It seems that for so many years we have been hauling food up and down the highway - first to his Mothers year after year, and then our trips up to North Bay. I love to be together with family but the food part was always a bit of a headache. A change in our lives that I welcome.
Today the weather changes here as well - freezing rain warnings and worst part is that Mike and Erin are heading out to Toronto by 8 am this morning to visit her family - should be back by Wednesday so I'll worry a bit until I hear they are safely home. Willie stays in North Bay so I know he is safe.
Sending happy thoughts today - Boxing Day.  I'm hoping to just relax here, maybe tidy up a bit but we'll see. I do not partake in the "shopping frenzie " as so many do.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment