Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Stitchers luncheon

Yes, yesterday was the annual luncheon for my small stitchery group.  We have gone to a few restaurants over the years, but this year we went to  Applebee's, for the first time, although I used to go to a different Applebee's many years ago, with a friend from work.  Good food, and generous portions.  I found a salad which was just about dead on with my diet requirements, so was able to enjoy myself without guilt.  I even had my daily cup of coffee, with lunch, and it was excellent--something to remember.  A good time overall.

I also got rid of a box of specialty embroidery fabric and a box of silk ribbon, along with some special fabric rolls for storing the ribbon.  I'm having a bit of remorse about the ribbon, as, of course, now that it's gone, my brain is coming up with a dozen ways I could have used it.  But now I don't have to worry about it.

Otherwise, we stayed inside, where it was warm.  David has a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and this evening is a meeting of the quilters' guild.  It is the one meeting a year when we can take finished goods for sale to members, and I'm taking my usual basket of purses, and some sewing kits.  I may not sell anything, but then I just might, and I'm going to be sitting there anyway.  I'm also going to be taking a couple of donation quilts, so two more things out of the house.

Loren has managed to get tickets to "Star Wars: Rogue One", with reserved seating, so that the whole family can all sit together.  That is for next Thursday, and then it's Christmas, quickly followed by an anniversary and a birthday.  And what was it we were doing a year ago this time??

No comments:

Post a Comment