Saturday, December 10, 2016

Stayed home today

And did some power cooking.  We put away 5 meals of chili, 4 meals of meatballs in gravy, and 12 hamburger patties.  I've been a little concerned about how hit and miss David's meals have been lately, and hope this helps in having something readily available for him.  We bought a lot of vegetables yesterday, so I used an old Weight Watcher's recipe for supper and had red cabbage with apple.  I think it fits fairly well into my diet plan, and made a nice change from chopped spinach.  But--it's been so long since we did anything like that that we both had to figure out how to process the cabbage.  Finally we realized that we needed my old, old Oster Kitchen Centre that was up on the top shelf of the pantry, rather than the newer Kitchen Aid Mixer.  I had forgotten what a mess shredding red cabbage makes.  David had a treat of a small steak with a baked potato, and fried onions and mushrooms.  Tomorrow we are planning to roast a turkey, and then make stock for me to use in preparing my diet meals.  We had been able to buy two utility turkeys for 0.77/lb yesterday.  Fairly small, but good enough for making stock.

Than David decided to make bread.  It was quite a chore to clean up after supper, but it's now done and we're both pretty well exhausted.  So an hour of tv and then to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment