Thursday, December 22, 2016

Home again with winter tires on...

Two hours of sitting beside a beautiful decorated and lit Christmas tree in the GM show room at the dealership - wonderful and peaceful and time to relax and read a bit. Does that sound silly? And in the meantime, the car got four winter tires, an oil change, and a fix for a recall for a front windshield wiper defect which I didn't know about, but the dealer did, so it was done ( no charge of course)  Now I hope the driving will be easier on my poor nerves (and back from pushing the car) Not mandatory here but should be.  They also store the other summer tires for us which is a good idea- we have no room for them. In the Spring I'll just have them reversed and then they store the winter ones until I need them. 
I mailed my passport renewal papers, and new pictures I got taken at Shopppers and received confirmation that it was received at the Passport office in Gatineau Quebec on Monday.  Now to see how quickly it will be processed. I renewed it for 10 years this time.
Today we will enjoy three seconds more of sunlight apparently - did you notice it? But it is nice to know that the days will be getting longer now. 
Time for some reading and then to bed. I was going to watch another movie, but think I'm too tired to sit through it. 
By the way, I have the basic front of the hexi table topper done now and just starting to figure out how I shall do the border around it, and just how big I should make the border- it will be in greens.  I must say that I am pleased with how it looks so far.  
Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment