Saturday, December 31, 2016

Waiting for the bag of balloons to drop

Gosh, I was wondering the same thing, when I saw that on Google.

This morning the Free Press published detailed horoscopes for the next year.  At the end of each section were predictions for the future.  Both Cathy and Loren are also Pisces, so I was quite interested.  According to the horoscope, next year I will be travelling.  I wonder if that means that I'll win the contest for a $5000 travel voucher, that was attached to these expensive scratch tickets I've been buying. I will live to at least 2018, and that year I will be returning to school, and by 2019 I will have stellar reputation.  Does that mean that the world will discover what a fantastic artist I am, and I will become a star?  2021-2023 I will enter a period of downsizing, resulting in  a start of something entirely new.  OMG!  I thought I did that!  Did I start too soon?  Or maybe others will be sorting my stash for me because I won't be around--same result, eh?  But maybe not, as 2015 I'll be improving my real estate situation.  Ah well, who really knows, and besides, we have no control over any of it.

This evening?  Well, David's sister popped in yesterday to invite us for supper this evening.  She spent some time with us, and I hope there are topics of conversation that we haven't already covered. She is almost 80, and still working in her son's heavy ( really heavy) equipment business, which is, apparently, doing quite well.  Not only is she listed as executive director, and manages the office, she also runs the parts truck around the city, when needed. When she has to pick up something large or heavy, I imagine the men see this tiny, white-haired lady, and just know she might need help.

I'm always pleased when we get together with her.  I sometimes think that David must feel overwhelmed with our side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment