Wednesday, December 14, 2016

An emotional day

We had a doctor's appointment this afternoon at 2:00.  Leaving the house at 1:15, we had a very difficult time finding parking, but made it into the building at about 1:45, only to find that the parking pay system had changed.  There was an older man trying to help everyone, but the new system was totally different, would only take coins or credit cards, and was so slow that the line up was half way across the foyer of the building. The poor old fellow was taking a lot of verbal abuse, as people were so frustrated. We then sat in the waiting room until about 3:50, when we were called into the examination room. At 4:00, I had to leave and go to pay again for more parking.  I quickly got back, the doctor was in the room with David, and we were out of there by 4:15.  The latest problem identified has turned out to be treatable, and David is willing. What a relief to both of us!  But knowing this caused us to relax and the adrenaline to stop flowing. 

Now we were on McDermot east of  Balmoral, and headed for the Disraeli Freeway.  Fellow on the radio is telling us that Disraeli is closed, just south of the southern bridge.  Okay, we're needing to get to Walmart at Regent and Lagimodiere, to get drugs for David, so we'll go over the Louise Bridge.  It took 45 minutes to travel from Higgins and Main to the Louise Bridge--normally less than a 5 minute drive.  Every single person living on the east side of the city, plus a tremendous number of buses, were trying to get over the Louise Bridge, because there was also a problem on Hespeler, and the Redwood Bridge was not an option.  And this fellow on the radio keeps saying that downtown was a parking lot, and to find other ways of travelling around the city and out to the East.  Hey there Radio Guy, we know!!  We finally got to Walmart, Starbucks and home by 5:35.  I was supposed to be at the quilters' guild meeting and all set up before 6:30.

Grab something quick to eat, and check e-mail, then at 6: 00 David asks me to help him get into, and work through, the website for the public library.  As a result, I was late getting to the hall, and couldn't get a handicap spot near the door, so ended up back in the last row of the parking lot, and had to haul all of my stuff in by myself, but did make it in one trip.  The one blessing was that my half a display table came with a chair, so I didn't have to try to find one within the main section of the hall.

The rest of the evening was much more relaxing, as I just had to sit there an listen and watch what was going on.  I bought home about $70, which is more than I took in last time I was at this sale, and far beyond expectations.  Putting this together with the $25 I made yesterday selling my embroidery fabric, I now have $95 to spend foolishly.  I'll have to think about that as, after all, anticipation is the best part.  

No comments:

Post a Comment