Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sunday Morning

You have both been busy cooking and cleaning!  I really need to get some cleaning done.  I decided to make nothing this year. Not even nuts and bolts.  I feel a bit guilty, especially about the nuts and bolts :) but I really don't need it sitting around.  I still don't know what I am doing Christmas.  Rrain says Sandi told her that they would be coming here for Christmas day, but I haven't heard anything from them.  I guess I better call them.  Especially if I have to "toddler proof" my house.  As usual I have bought no presents yet, and barely thought about it.  Rrain has cancelled her trip to New York.  I know she was so very excited to be going but she says it just wasn't meant to be.  A few others cancelled and that took them below the special group travel rate they had been given.  She was stretched to save the special rate and there was just no way she could make the regular travel costs.  So, instead of money, I guess I have to come up with a gift idea.  I decided not to even try to do all the work expected of me at work and just relax and do what I could.  So what happens?  I easily did over 45 registrations! (of course they were mostly discharges and mortgages..... very quick and easy) My so called target is 60+, but we are protesting that the other offices with more employees than us also have the same targets.  We feel that the goal is unreasonable when we have to pick up all the jobs of the  missing staff person. What gets done gets done.  They did, however,  pick a very poor time to do the employee satisfaction survey :).  I did get some work  done yesterday.  Washing clothes and dishes, scrubbing (really scrubbing!) the bathroom and tidying the kitchen.  It is going to need a real cleaning next.  I usually do the fridge and stove when I do a major kitchen clean and I wasn't going to do that yesterday.  Jim has been blowing snow.  Last week it was 8 above and the next day fog and the next 3 days very heavy, wet snow.  We got well over a foot.  The tree branches are still hanging down with the weight.  It is hard with the snow blower because it plugs up.  And since we have been driving on it it is packed.  And, of course, the fact the storm started with freesing rain it is all ice underneath.  typical winter. Jim is still sleeping right now.  His lungs just can't keep up with the work he wants to get done.  He was pretty beat yesterday.  He wants to do more today, but I am not going to encourage too much more.  Maybe a bit a day will build up his stamina.  I will go out later and shovel the decks.  Don't you just love winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment