Thursday, January 18, 2018

An interesting day

And I can't really blame it on "that woman in red".  This morning I was feeling well enough to clean up three days of kitchen mess.  An added incentive was the need to make the pastry, and finish the turkey pot pies.  We got everything out.  David took a look at the turkey stew that had been in the freezer over night, and made the decision not to proceed.  It went in the garbage, and we're left with 3 pounds of shortening, 5 k of flour, and two packages of tin foil pie pans.  Not sure how any of that might be used, but it'll all keep in the freezer, until I figure it out.

This left me with a little free time, so I spent awhile trying to access a picture off my blog, from last August, to save and forward to a woman who is putting together a sort of catalogue of the show that we held in Selkirk last November.  With a lot of help, and some not so helpful help, I gott'er done!

Yesterday, we had to take my big sewing machine in for servicing.  Always a scary time, especially, as the day before, I had got a message on the screen that said "E2 error".  According to the manual this means that the machine must be taken to a repair depot as the problem originates in the control module.  $$$$$$$$  When the message came up, I re-booted the machine, and it worked just fine, but I knew it was overdue for servicing, so bit the bullet.  The fellow said that it should be serviced after every 100 hours of use.  I told him that I couldn't afford to have it done monthly.

So today, out came the old machine, and I started doing a technique that I haven't used in years, and barely remember how to do.  This gave rise to memories from 35 years ago, and the people who were around then.  I've also spent some time, the last few days, thinking about Phyllis.  I don't know why.  

No comments:

Post a Comment