Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Her I sit

Looking at my work computer and sighing deeply.  I'd rather do this than work cause it seems all we are getting is crap these days.   I still have a cough and no energy at all, but other than that life goes on.  We are  no longer baby sitting an extra dog.  She was with us for over 4 months, but she has gone home again.  She has a younger dog to play with at her home and I hear that all they run is run and play from morning til night.  She will be much happier back there than with our old dogs.  Rrain and 3 other ladies were selected as the Chamber of Commerce Volunteers of the Year.  I am really proud of her.  When we made the national news because of racist graffiti on our town signs, the 4 of them organized a community pot luck supper and parade in support of the new comers.  There were a few hundred of us in the parade and I have no idea how many ate supper.  I think it is really nice that they have been recognized for their work.  We have missed all the bad weather, but since the first downfall of snow in the fall we have had very little.  It is quite dry and I wonder how the spring will be with no moisture in the soil.  I don't want a massive snow storm, but we need some moisture.  Lunch is over...... back to staring blankly at my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment