Thursday, January 11, 2018

Surviving-minute by minute

At least that's what it feels like.  I'm still laid low by my cold/flu.  
Don't know which it is and have symptoms of both. David has laid down the law and told me I'm not going out anywhere, and I feel too miserable to call him on it, just to assert my independence. What a pair we are!  But, we're not spending money foolishly, as we aren't going anywhere. At least I know better than to try to work on anything important when I'm like this, so I sit and sew squares together.  I can't concentrate on reading or tv, and bone and joint pain limits the time I can spend lying down.  Don't I sound sorry for myself!  At least I'm not shoveling snow!  Of which we have very little.  That seems to be the one blessing of this very, very cold weather.  And I know the whole continent is suffering.  I saw a picture on the news of manatees in Florida crowding around hot springs to keep warm.  How sad!

So for today my goal is to empty the dishwasher, and to, somehow, acquire a new package of Poise.  I've found that the best way for me to get any sleep is to not have to run to the bathroom every time I cough. There is no dignity when an old woman gets sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment