Friday, January 12, 2018

Episode of Spring is over....

and what a ride.  This morning the temperature literally dropped 30 degrees in three hours - talk about a flash freezing!  And it is still falling. It was still hovering around 40 degrees F this morning when I got up (I was up until after midnight shoveling water as it was raining but had to give up and go to bed.) and then the temp fell. And now it is a bit of a blizzard with blowing snow all over. I won't even attempt to snow shovel until the worst of it is over.
So nothing to do but stay inside - I have done a bit of tidying this and that, and changed the bird cages again ( always something to do with the birds) We have the two newest chicks into their own cage now. This gives the mother and father some alone time to fertilize and lay more eggs (oh goody goody!) So there are now four separate cages in the bathroom.... just try to get to the toilet in a hurry, won't you?... haha!
I called over to my friend Ruth this morning. She had to have mores surgery to close off a bleeding vein severed during the original hip surgery. Now she has a PICC line in her arm, and a pump administering antibiotics 24 /hours a day. Not a happy camper.  She would love some company but today I am in no shape (or mood) to be happy happy so told her I wouldn't be over.
Here's to the weekend. Cathy I shall be thinking of you and the family celebrating Christmas. I know how excited I was last weekend when we did the same with Mike and Erin so know you are feeling the same - anticipation, right? And Pati you take care of yourself and back on your feet.  Harry found a picture of Jessica on the Facebook ready to leave for her student exchange trip. They must be excited about this as well, and then the other student comes to stay with them?  Lots of fun. Will she be able to speak French do you think, when all is said and done?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment