Friday, January 26, 2018

The journey, not the destination

Isn't that what creativity is about?  I love to play with my fabric, and fondle my threads. My stash reduction process is slow because I spend time going just that.  Every time I find a part-done project, or a collection of supplies that never went any further, I take the time to think about what they had been intended for, and to remember what I was thinking about at the time.  I wonder if it's our age, that we allow ourselves time for reminiscence--and take pleasure in it. 

I'm now ready for the workshop I signed up for Feb 10th.  I have my stock priced, and inventory prepared for the changeover in the gift shop in Selkirk. This means that I have no excuse to procrastinate about quilting the hexi quilt.  My machine is prepared, and the upstairs studio re-arranged.  Unfortunately, all this work has left me exhausted, so the actual quilting will wait for tomorrow.

My acquaintance, Dianne, phoned today.  We haven't spoken in maybe 4-5 years, although I have e-mailed her, and received a quick response.  We've both suffered with health issues, and are both prone to depression, so maybe the lack of contact has an explanation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment