Saturday, January 6, 2018

Loved this message

I logged on to tell you that we visited with Mike and Erin today and had a splendid time. Then I read this message about remembering and it was so relevant to my day that I got lost in the pictures and musings. Thank you Pati. I remember this visit very well. May Long Weekend, and Mike and I flew to Winnipeg just for the weekend to be with family.  He would have been 15 going on 16. And wore that Army jacket everywhere and all the time!
I have many pictures from this visit and it wasn't long ago that I looked at them again. And I remember each of us writing on your patches.  You are right Pati, that it was the reality at the time and in spite of life in the coming years, and changes made, it "was what it was."  It is a lovely quilt and a lovely part of the McGrath's in 2000.  I also still have the wall hanging you made from a previous visit with family - hanging on the wall in the hall. I often look at it with fondness, and laugh at most of us in the large room with guns (? paint ball?) and another picture of us all climbing a wall. Great fun.   Thanks for the trip into the past.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment