Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Blue moon

Didn't see the moon.  I thought I also read that there was an eclipse visible on the west coast just before dawn. Really a once in a lifetime event.

The weather has been bad, snow and wind gusts.  We had planned to go to see Star Wars, yesterday, at St. Vital Centre, but by the time David had blown the driveway clear, it was to late to make the 12:45 show.  We had discussed whether we should even leave the house, but he really wanted to go.  As I had a couple of errands to run, we left at about 4:45, and headed to Kildonan Place.   Once we were out in the snow, and very slippery streets, he was a little less enthusiastic about the drive south on hwy 59, so I suggested that he check to see if it was on at the theatre there, while I visited the tea store. He caught up to me just as I was paying and said that it was on but we were five minutes too late for the start. with my encouragement we bought tickets anyway, just missing the first few minutes of the show.  Looking around I thought there were only 5 people in the theatre, but as we were leaving, I counted 6.  Enjoyed the show, but there were places where we couldn't hear what was being said.  I think we missed some of the nuances.  I also think that I would like to see it again.  With all of the action, and all of the plot twists you can miss a lot. I remember seeing the early episodes several times before feeling that I had caught everything.

Yesterday, when the men of the neighbourhood were out clearing snow, we noticed a fellow across the street shoveling his walk.  Their house has recently been put up for sale, and being neighbours, we take an interest in the process, watching people who come to view it, and whether they look excited or disappointed leaving.  We've also wondered why they are selling.  Well it was almost painful watching him trying to shovel.  We knew he had Parkinson's, but had no idea it had affected his balance so much.  Just carefully shovelling his short walk, he almost fell a couple of times.  I think we have our answer, and it's not pretty.

My hexie quilt, Oreo Inspiration, is quilted, and marked for binding, which I hope to get done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment