Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Eye Appointments yesterday

Pleasantly surprised with Optometrist as I had remembered him from 15 years when we last went to him. Harry will get new reading glasses so he can sit at the computer and see the screen. This was his worst complaint so I hope it will work. As for me I do not need a change in lenses, but I do need to take care of myself better because of my dry eye problem (long going issue for me) The cataracts will take their own course but I will leave them for now. I must use eye drops and drink water (which I was also told to do by my Opthamologist) and I must put a humidifier in the bedroom at night, and I must put warm compresses on my eyes at least two times a day. He had a nice gel set for this purpose but it was $40.00 so I said I will try a warm cloth for starters.  I pulled up an old vaporizer we had way back when the children were young. i cleaned it up but it would not work No wonder as the insides were all rusted together. OK, so Harry went to the hardware and bought a new humidifier which I set up. During the night I realized the fan was not going so I turned it off and will check the instructions this morning to see if it functions this way by cycling off, or if something is wrong? Hope this will help and it will be entirely up to me to maintain so I have a vested interest in doing just that!
Cold here again and not even nice to go outside right now. The dog persists in wanting to go for a walk but doesn't last long, poor thing. Harry has all sorts of seeds planted and out in the sun room by the windows and he still says the greenhouse will be heated on Feb 1 - not really paying attention to the weather which is to be cold for the next week. Oh boy, here we go....
Time for my breakfast and coffee and relax before the day begins. I'll also put a warm compress on my eyes ( I'm trying to be good!) Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment