Thursday, January 4, 2018

Gosh darn for sure.

Hey Pati, for a few days this past week I thought you had packed the lady in red off and sent her my way! Some crazy things occurring to me here, and I can only blame it on "her".  Cathy, do you think Pati is trying to get rid of her at our expense?
A bit cold again - not nice at all. I have shoveled past few days as it did get a bit warmer and therefore did snow off and on. Enough for the plow to go by and enough that I had to shovel.  It was a bit of a reprieve for my poor little dog who really could not tolerate the cold on his wee paws, but unfortunately he is back to the quick walks and lifting his paws.
I watched The Quilt Show latest guest show last night - she was so fast with speech and actions and so efficient it left me swirling. I wanted to get more out of it but it went too quickly..... like a big blurrrr. But I know that I like her type of work, and it is something that I think I could do. Maybe I should watch it again?
Tomorrow I will be busy with last minute preparations before we go to Markstay early Saturday morning to have our Christmas with Mike and Erin. As I think about it now, I am not sure that these later celebrations are to my liking, but to see them is to my liking. It seems a little less exciting to think of it as our Christmas though.
I telephoned my old friend Daisy this afternoon at her place in Toronto with her son and family. She hasn't been back to Sundridge since I last saw her in the Fall. She stated that she felt like she was in prison. Her difficulty with her "word find" was very pronounced and the conversation was not easy but I spoke with her as long as I could. It was disturbing for me to think of her in this state but "there but for the grace of God go I"?  Must go now...time to try my dog outside again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment