Thursday, November 1, 2018

almost bedtime

The first two books in the Monkeewrench series are "Monkeewrench', and "Live Bait".  It's in the first one where we are told why the four members of Monkeewrench live the way they do.  This is petty important in the rest of the series as we see them develop, especially Grace.  A strong thread throughout the series is people growing and changing--not always in a good way, in response to the events in their lives.  I love J. A. Jance, and have tried to read everything she has written.  I don't think she writes under any other names, but she has written at least three different mystery series: Ali Reynolds, Joanna Barnes ( the lady sheriff), and P. J Beaumont, which I believe was the first series she wrote.

A very quiet Halloween around here.  As you said, not many lights on up and down the block. It's been this way since we moved in, probably because of he number of elderly people living here.  There have been a couple of younger families move in over the past couple of years, but it's still a block of old folks.

Today the calendar said to change the furnace filters, so David went out to get one.  The Rona at the end of the street is in the process of converting to a Lowes.  This has been where we shopped for hardware type stuff, but they have changed to all different brands (??American??), and David ended up having to go to Home Depot.  I have always thought of myself as being quite flexible, but things around here seem to be changing more quickly the older I get.  Not happy about this change.

Spent most of today in the studio, and I can see that tomorrow will be more of the same.  Works out well, as Friday's also laundry day, and I can keep up with it, if I'm handy enough to hear when things progress.  Sunday I have a show opening reception at a local gallery.  Not sure about going, but I'll probably end up there.  It's for my friend Judith, whom you met when you were here, Beth.

And here we are at the beginning of yet another month.  Time passes so quickly these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment