Saturday, November 17, 2018

If you have to take a tumble......

This is a good way to do it.  I was carrying a huge load of clean towels into the bedroom to fold, when I tripped over the rolled up duvet, which was on the floor while I changed the bed linen. Dropped the towels as I fell, and landed on a pile of towels on top of the rolled up king size feather filled duvet.  Had to wait a bit for David to come, and then realized that there wasn't really any way he could help me, given where I was lying.  But with his hand to steady myself, I was able to kneel on top of the pile of softness, and get myself up easily.  No harm done, but a few stiff muscles this morning.

A few errands yesterday, and productive time in the studio.  I have been busy trying to draw snowflakes in several sizes.  The largest is a 3" hexagon--that is 3" on each side, so that it actually will fill a 6" square.  Then I have to turn my drawings into either a rubber stamp or a stencil.  I'm sure having fun, but actually have a plan in mind for a new piece using the shapes. In the evening, I even won a little play money playing poker.  And then lost it playing more poker.  

As you both know, I gave up baking-anything-a couple of years ago, with the exception of my Christmas Melting Moments.  This year I need to contribute some home baking to the craft sale at my friend Gail's house.  I decided on some Butterscotch Refrigerator cookies and chocolate chip cookies--Edna's recipe, of course, but small in size.  All of this because The Bulk Barn had glace cherries on sale.  I had forgotten what hideously sticky, messy creatures they are.  But safe at home, and now to actually make the cookies.  That will wait until a couple of days before the sale.  I know myself too well.  And with luck, I may have left overs to use instead of the Melting Moments later in the month.  If not, I also found butter on sale, and have couple of pounds in the freezer.

One of my errands was to pick up my new trousers at the tailor's.  I've used this tailor for awhile, and knew that she was looking to sell the business ( she was determined that I would buy it), but  imagine my surprise when we got there and discovered that the store was now a Dollarwise Cleaners.  But she was still in there working as a tailor, in what had been her store.  This meant that when I picked up the slacks, they were neatly hung on a hanger and wrapped in plastic.  I kept the plastic and used it to cover the white fibre pieces I have hanging in storage.  Previously I used green garbage bags, but there is always the fear that someone will mistake them for garbage, and out they go. When we got home,  I was also thrilled to find that I actually had tops to match two of the pants, already in my closet.  The third is a rich light purple, and I'm unlikely to find any match ever, but they will go nicely with black or white.

Today is our family get-together for the girls birthdays.  I will wear my new green outfit, along with my new short hairdo, and feel very good about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment