Thursday, November 1, 2018

Bit off a bit more than I realized

Monday evening there was an important meeting out in Selkirk.  It didn't take long , but with the drive each way the evening was shot.  Tuesday, I volunteered to work in the gallery there.  A quiet, but nicely sociable day. while there, I checked my supply of greeting cards and post cards.  One greeting card, which sold while I was there.  So---, yesterday was spent  checking stock and seeing what I could pull together, for a special holiday sale.  I have to take the goods out there on the 10th, so I have a few days.  While I was there, I noticed that there were some new items in the gift shop, and I fell in love.  

I bought a funky shoulder bag.  I took a good look at it, and felt it was good value for the money, and what's more, I would be able to take use it to create my own pattern.  I have some lovely red fancy patchwork fabric that I bought years ago, and have never found a use for.  This special holiday sale might be the perfect opportunity.

Here's my new treasure.  It's the same on both sides, and the strap, which is leather, is a little long, for me, but a perfect cross the body length.  It appears to be hand painted on some sort of vinyl, which  would make it water-proof.
so, my task for today is to complete 15 greeting cards, three small purses, and maybe two larger purses, but I have over a week to get them finished.  The only thing I have to buy is some zippers, and maybe something to use as purse handles.

David is out getting the windshield washer fixed on the car.  He just phone to tell me that he's done and on his way home.  He had wanted to go on his own--why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment