Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Fruit flies

We have been plagued by Fruit flies since mid-summer.  They are associated with the compost pail that spends a lot of time on the counter, given how many veggies I deal with.  We have used bleach on the pail and try to wash it in the dishwasher whenever it gets emptied.  They seem to be diminishing now, with the colder weather.

I made a decision to deal with my unhappiness with my wardrobe.  I culled trousers, getting rid of some of the now worn out jeans.  I made a vow not go go out socially in jeans--ever.  there was an e-mail from Pennington's about a buy on-get 60% off a second, so off we went.  I got 3 pair of nicer trousers. One purple uncut corduroy, but a trouser style.  The other two are casual/dress trousers, one in deep red, and the other in black.  I so desperately needed a pair of black dress pants!  Quite by accident, I came across a deep green blouse, with embroidery on the back.  One of the slacks I had chosen to keep, was a deep green, and my brain told me they would probably match.  Success!  A whole new outfit, and perfect for meetings and volunteer work.  I also picked up a fuchsia/pink touque.  I have been wearing one Mrs. Pearce knitted many years ago, and the years are showing.

I am ready for all of the Seasonal sales I'm committed to.  Got the final batch of greeting cards packaged and priced this afternoon.  I also got started on the commissioned cushions I have to finish before the end of December.  I have been procrastinating over them for almost a month now, because, I think, I'm not happy with the fabric that the client has chosen.  But then I remind myself that I am to finish them, not have artistic input into the project.  They've really been bothering me, and I think I'm be much more relaxed after they are done.

The weekend after next, the family is getting together to celebrate Jessica's and Samantha's birthdays. (Not sure exactly which day, as we have to take into account jobs of the older Grandchildren.) This means gift shopping, and I think I've got it beat.  This is also the time we usually draw for family Christmas gifts.

Snow off and on all day.  The man on the radio says that it will probably be staying, as the temperatures in the forecast are all well below zero.  Guess it had to happen sometime.

Just about supper time.  Have a great evening everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment