Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Not a good evening

Yesterday, David and I decided to cut the fruit cakes we made into smaller pieces for storage convenience.  Well, we were cutting it frozen, and wondered if it was cooked as well as it should have been.  Checking it today, after thoroughly thawing it, the answer is no way.  Even after over two hours in the oven, it still wasn't done well enough to serve.  This means it's in the garbage.  What an expensive mistake!  It isn't even good enough for casual nibbling.

I also finished the FMQ'g on my "Black Ice" piece.  I wondered if it need something more, so took pictures and posted them on the other blog.  Actually seeing the pictures, I knew that even beading can't salvage it.  Another expensive mistake, only this time in terms of my labour costs, as well as the supplies.

Beth, I think your wet snow storm has come this way.  It was fairly nice when we headed out to shop this morning, but had started to snow by the time we headed home, and was really snowing by the time I went out for coffee about an hour later. Heavy wet snow!  Not that cold out, but not that nice either.  Very slippery streets.

This month's shopping was an expensive one.  It seems that we were due to replenish many of those non-food items that can take up such a large share of the grocery bill.  But there is a bright side to that.  Because my bill was so high I qualified for a free gift. (no choice of gifts) I now have a lovely poinsettia in my living room.  And, since my bills are paid for this month, I can relax while eating KD.



No comments:

Post a Comment