Saturday, November 17, 2018

What a nice , happy message....

...I needed a nice, happy something and there it is. Well, except about the "fall" but then maybe that wasn't too bad in light of the soft landing you described.  Doesn't it just make you feel really good about yourself and extra special when the wardrobe looks and feels right, and the hair feels right, and the event feels right. Hope you all have a wonderful celebration together.
Quiet around here with mostly housework on the agenda for today. The birds are all clean and the floor is vacuumed, and the wash is done and I even made a batch of refridgerator cookies with, wait for it, red cherries and walnuts. Sticky little buggers you say????
But so good going into the mouth. I had to test several just to make sure they were OK.  Even spoke with Mike briefly so cannot ask for a better day.
I should have been out shovelling but the snow will still be there tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that, so no hurry haha! I have slipped twice now on the road taking Bailey for a walk. The snowplough scrapes the snow and leaves a slick surface that for some reason my boots like to slip on. Yesterday I actually fell ass over teakettle - I am so afraid of damaging myself that I am extra cautious now. It may very well be the boots as I have worn these for many a year. Maybe I should think about that and perhaps change things up. I bought a new pair a week or two ago ( I think I wrote about that) but have only worn them a few times out for good eg Remembrance Service. What the heck, maybe I should start to wear them all the time.
So for now I look forward to bed and reading time - I am half into the novel Monkeewrench and since it is great reading, don't mind spending a bit more time reading each night - more than I usually do.  So take care. Look forward to your report on your night out Pati! Cathy did you get to Brandon shopping as you said you might?

No comments:

Post a Comment