Sunday, November 25, 2018

Rain, Rain go away!

Just a quickie while I wait for my breakfast to bake.  I prepared an egg dish called strata last evening, put into the fridge and then into the oven this morning. Eggs of course, but layered with bread cheese, onions, peppers, ham - looks good and I am counting on it tasting great. I'll let you know....
It is 37 degrees right now and the warm spell came in Friday - I was out trying to shovel around the yard to clear areas and prepare for the water that i knew was to come. Sure enough rain and melting and of course, water accumulation at the front and shoveling of said water. Nasty!  However come tomorrow we are to expect 15 cm of snow!
We go to North Bay Monday to attend the Christmas Show of Scott Woods Band - we bought tickets last Spring for both his June show and now this Christmas one.  Hope the driving with all that predicted snow will be manageable.  Then Wed we go to Huntsville - to shop after my Doctors appointment at 9:30 am. Yearly appointment to renew drugs etc.
I made my date pinwheels and was a disaster with first batch i tried to cut and bake. Looks like little doggie turds but taste great. i froze the other two rolls hoping that I can cut them better frozen. I have a recipe for molasses cookies to try today.  I expect all the cookies I have outside in a rubbermaid container to stay frozen have all melted by now but hey, come tomorrow apparently they should freeze again and be covered with snow Oh joy!
Time to check my breakfast, make a coffee and sit by my coloured tree with the DVD music playing on the TV. Glorious! take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment