Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Travel marathon..been there, done that...

Now hopefully back to normal ( whatever that is haha!)
Not a pleasant drive to Kirkland lake yesterday, as it was very early and dark and snowing and driving poor - just as I had imagined. But we got there by 8 am and then had the morning to visit and eat. She always has a spread planned in spite our telling her not to. As long as I have known her, this has been her way.
The men drove into Kirkland during the morning to see the new mine shaft that is being built. Kirkland is starting to boom once again with mining prospects and housing is going up everywhere according to Ted, and Harry verified what he saw. In meantime Deanna and I stayed home and this allowed her a chance to vent. She has been having a time of it looking after Ted who is no longer able to function as he once did, and whose memory is fading. He has been through much though with his aneurysm and other medical ailments. He is only two years older than Harry.
Back home by 4:30 pm and glad of it.
Today we were planning to go to Huntsville - have some things Deanna sent down with us for Harry's sister Donna, but have decided to forego this trip - Harry needs a 'rest day" and I certainly will appreciate one. Not that it will be that restful as I really must get out to do some shovelling - it has really piled up here as I have not done any since the snow came. However, as I have always noted, the shovelling is OK for me inspite of the ever increasing physical stress, it allows me some time to be by myself. That sounds strange but it is true.
So this morning I have just made my coffee and plan to have a bowl of porridge to nourish my body and soul.
Hope all is well with you folks. I read that Winnipeg won their semi and now to play Calgary in the final leading up to the Grey Cup. Oh how, I wish I could watch it on TV. I miss this. Oh well, maybe another time. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment