Sunday, November 11, 2018

Driving in snow

We made a trip out to Selkirk yesterday.  The weather was clear going out, but the roads not great, so I experienced my first winter driving, in awhile.  Coming back, there was very light snow.  Just enough to make the roads slippery.  Not fun, but David was able to give me some good advice about how to do things, such as pass an idiot, who was making it difficult and dangerous, with abrupt changes in speed and weaving from side to side on the highway.  The left hand lane was snow covered, and much more slippery than the right hand lane, and I was nervous about passing. But with his help we made it, quite nicely.

 The good news was that the mess at Lagimodiere and the North Perimeter is just about cleared up.  All of the traffic lanes and entrance and exit ramps are finished and open.  It is still a designated construction zone but the speed reduction signs have been removed.  It would appear that the only thing left to do is landscaping.  The result is smooth driving with no narrow lanes, or sharp corners or stop lights.  It appears very well planned.

The reason I mention all of this was to explain how very tired and exhausted we both were by the time we got home.  While something like this exhausts me, it has a negative effect on David as well.  It would be easier on me if David did all the driving, but I need to maintain my skills as well.  

We do have gifts for both of Amber's girls, now.  I tried to find gift boxes, but it appears that no-one makes gift boxes with both measurements more than 10 inches.  I need 12" by 12" or better.  Looks like I'll be using gift bags again.  I don't like those tings, as they're hard to re-cycle.  It'l be nice to see the family next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment