Friday, November 23, 2018

I was wrong

Got out a new pound of butter today and the markings on the package were exactly two cups.  Different brand of butter, so who knows.  David made another batch of shortbread from his mother's recipe, which means about 45 minutes of intense hand mixing.  At least she wasn't watching over our shoulders telling us that he was doing it wrong.  Then I bit the bullet, and dug in to make the Melting Moments--three full batches of them.  I thought that the old machine might be able handle a double batch.  Nope.  So I ended up finishing the mixing, again, literally by hand.  I was smarter by the third batch.  But-- ta da!--all of the Christmas baking is now done and safely put away, most of it in the freezer.  I was also juggling the weekly laundry--lots of trips up and down the stairs.  I'm beat.

I'm glad you got to the quilting group, Beth.  Sounds like you're getting to know the town a little better. (snort!)

I have a new project ready for the FMQ'g, but I know I'm in no shape for doing it. So this evening will probably be spent playing poker on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment