Monday, November 19, 2018

Life

It has been one of those weeks. Less than a month ago Larry emailed me to tell me his ex-wife had died. I had met her at their son Benji’s  funeral. I ended up in the kitchen washing dishes with her mother. Then on Monday he let me know that his son Dan had died. His son Jesse lost his mother and only remaining brother in less than a month. He is not doing well. On Saturday Jim’s sister Jean stopped in.  Her husband Gary had passed away only a couple of hours earlier. Then to add insult to injury she fell on the ice in our yard. She is heavier than me and has had hip replacements. She couldn’ get up and we couldn’t help her. I have bruises on my arms and legs to prove we tried. Jim got tho little tobagon out of the garage and we got her on it and got her to the house. She crawled into the house and was able to pull herself up on the furniture . Definitely not a good day for her. She didn’t want to deal with gary’s kids so I had to phone Tracy and tell her that her father had died. She broke down but did say she wanted to phone her brother and let him know. She phoned me back later to ask about an obituary.  Jim is supposed to ask jean tomorrow. He refused to ask her on the phone.  So meanwhile I am caught in the middle. Now that I have depressed everyone let me tell you about work. At least Elizabeth understands what is happening and has given me some advice on how to deal with the disrespect and outright rudeness I am getting from Marquita. I did send an email (after Elizabeth reviewed it) to our office manager asking for him to try an intervention. I have no faith in his ability to handle the situation but at least I have the written record of asking for help. Now aren’t you two glad you are retired :). I told Kris today that neither Rrain or I can make it to Chloe’s birthday, but he said that was great. He doesn’t want her to be overwhelmed by family all at once so coming later would be better. That makes me feel
A bit better. Well, now it seems I have to phone Gary’s daughter and talk to her about an obituary. I will be so glad when this week is over. Love you guys. Sorry to be depressing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment