Sunday, November 18, 2018

Lazy, lazy day

Baked Expectations was a bit of a disappointment, as most of us found our food to be less than perfect.  The girls appeared to like their new purses.  I bought two of them very much like the one I bought myself, out in Selkirk, although theirs were different picture.  It was good to see everyone, and we did our Christmas gift draw.  We've planned to come here for Christmas again, and Loren will look after the Turkey again, but that's as far as the planning went.

Did not sleep well last night, and really "dragged butt" today.  Spent lots of time reading, and checking out the internet.  David had two semi-final football games to watch today, so he was kept busy and off the streets. ( Winnipeg didn't win)

I read another book in the Traders series by Anna Jacobs.  This series is four books about how one man both sets himself up as a successful business man in Australia, in the 1880's, but also manages to help many other members of his Irish family move there and settle.  I suppose the series could be classified as a romance, as there were lots of marriages, but it was very interesting reading, and hard to put down.  I notice in a list of her other publications, another series, that sound like it may be about the town the settles in, but in an earlier time period.  I have also read a couple of books in her Peppercorn Street series, and very  much enjoyed them as well.  I'll have to check the library and see if there might be others.

I also watched this week's episode of The Quilt Show.  Interesting, but maybe not for everyone.  I, however, took it to heart and now have almost 20 Celestial Seasonings tea bags hanging up in the basement to dry.  I've tried using tea bags in my work before, but this lady had a different method of working with them that intrigues me.

We've just finished supper, and David has dealt with the garbage and re-cycling bins.  There is a tv show I want to watch in about 45 minutes, so best get to my bath.  Hope everyone had a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment