Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Fruit flies

I hate them!  We had a banana skin split and the fruit flies took over. I can’t get rid of them. We had the ratification vote on our contract today and I am very optimistic that they will accept it. We got a wage increase which is unusual in Manitoba these days. We did not keep up with inflation but since the government is passing a law limiting wage increases to 0-0 .75-1 even though the Manitoba CPI is 2.4. Oh well. I sound like a fanatic 🤪. For some reason I really didn’t want to be on stage this fall but there is no one to do sound effects (on stage). I will stand firm.  Jim is watching the American returns. I don’t know why. We can get up tomorrow and get the results without the boredom. We had rain yesterday followed by snow ( welcome to Manitoba). The roads were pretty iffy this morning. More snow this weekend. Winter has arrived. We have our tickets for the legion banquet on Saturday. They have come up with a black lapel pin that can replace the black at the centre of the poppy. It holds the poppy on without the pain of impaling yourself on the pin (which I do regularly). I am going to go gift shopping soon. Chloe’s birthday is coming up. Kris pointed out a couple of things when we were there but I don’t know if I can find them here. We don’t have the toy store they have in Killarney. When we went to lunch at The Blarney Stone in Killarney Chloe insisted it was the Killarney Stone.  I am rambling. Time for sleep. Lotsa zen hugs to both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment