Thursday, November 15, 2018

Wonderful greeting early in the morning....

....to open the blog and see your new bag Pati! Now, Cathy, 'ye must get 'ye to a Dollarama m' lady, and get 'ye an owl bag!
It has been cold - yesterday I walked up to the Lottery Store and then the post office and then the Pharmacy. Actually I had to back track to the Lottery Store. Have you ever done something and then realize your mistake and then feel terrible. Well it happened to me - I walked out of the Lottery store without paying for my tickets. He was busy on the phone and I put my tickets away and walked out. I was across the highway before my mind clued into my error. I quickly did an about face and back to the store. He was sitting there laughing at me - still had his till open with my amount owing showing. We had a good laugh and he told me a similar story of his own, and I paid and was out again. Only in a small town where people know you I guess?
Anyway after all my stops I was glad to get back home and only started to warm up when the phone rang and it was the Library - my two ordered books arrived in the mail to them. So out I went into the cold again - had to get my books - that could not wait! I started to read the first of the series Monkeewrench last evening and now I have some good reading ahead of me for bedtime. They came from a weird ly named Public Library and an unknown location to me, and I must look it up to see exactly where it is.
In the afternoon Harry was feeling better so we drove off to North Bay to No Frills to do our shopping.
Today I plan to attend the Quilt group again and must remember to take a sandwich or something to eat over lunch. The next week or so had snow and flurries forecast every day so I know for sure now that winter is here to stay.  I did a bit of shovelling the other day but my mind and body was not into it so instead i set up two big plastic santa ornaments and two old Christmas trees at the front of the house. I have a big box of coloured balls in the shed so I must get there soon and get them so I can hang a bit of colour onto the otherwise sick looking trees. haha!
So for now, Take care XX

No comments:

Post a Comment