Thursday, November 8, 2018

Let's try this again

Woke up to snow coming down this morning but it did not last too long. Actually saw some sun this afternoon. I went to the Quilt Group this morning with my owl bag in tow, and put a nice smile on my face as I went down the stairs and entered the room. They were all sitting around the coffee table so I quickly joined them and took it from there. I enjoyed my time and the conversations, and they thought I had great patience to be hand sewing my hexi quilt topper. I did not take a lunch again but sat with them all with tea as they ate and again lively conversations around the table. Just as we were about to get back to our chosen work in walked my Bailey dog on the leash followed by Harry. Everyone loved little Bailey and he had lots of pats so then I packed up and walked back home with them. I stopped into the Library on my way out but my ordered books have not come in yet. The Librarian said "you are a Louise Penny fan right?" and said the next book will be out (? I did not catch the date) but she added me to the waiting list of those wanting to read it. So that was a surprise. I must go on line to see what book is coming soon.
Ruth from across the street phoned early to invite me and Harry (although he would never go, she always includes him) over for coffee this morning. Once again though I had to decline- I was tempted to forego the Quilt group but then thought that is not my goal - my goal is to continue to attend this group for my own socialization. So I said I would come another time - I really must make a point of trying to go. 
Tomorrow I get the winter tires put on and good timing for our trip to Kirkland Lake on Monday. Hope there will be no snow to worry about as I hate that trip. Long and poor road conditions most of the way and harry always leaves at 5 am - dark and hard to look out for moose and deer. 
Well,  time to get ready for bed. I'll find a bit of reading to keep me company even though I was hoping for a new Monkeewrench novel to read! Take care.
ps Good luck for the Draw tomorrow night at Neepawa Legion - I think we all had tickets right?

No comments:

Post a Comment