Sunday, November 25, 2018

Lots to do, but still restless.

There is lots to do in the studio, but I'm just not capable of the long hours at the machine I was my normal 20 years ago.  I did almost 2 hours of FMQ'g this morning, and was almost dizzy with exhaustion when I came out of "the zone".  Not good.  So we went out for coffee and potatoes, and then I spent another two hours sorting beads.  Barely touched the surface of that chore!  But I did find the metal washers that I need to add a bit of weight to the bottom of my "Tall Grass Prairie".  So here I sit, restless as all get out, but knowing that I have a supper to cook, so that David can watch his football game this evening.  Not sure what I'll be doing while he does that.

With all this funny weather, and despite the periods of extreme cold, we have yet to realize that the temperatures we're experiencing are normal for January/ February, and we should be wearing our heavy winter gear.  Today I sat in Starbucks waiting for David to do the grocery shopping, and saw a man come in  wearing shorts and winter boots, and a few minutes later a woman wearing very light sandals over bare feet.  A couple of days ago, when the wind chill was -27, I broke down and got out my new toque with the huge fur pom pom.  Finally got the pom pom off, and have been wearing it for the last two days, along with my parka. Dealing with Winnipeg "hat hair" again.  And here's Beth talking about rain.  Maybe I should just be quiet and contemplate my gratitude for owning a parka and toque, as well as my ability to actually buy coffee at Starbucks.

Lucked in at the library, finding a brand new Anne Cleeves book from her Shetland Islands series.  She says that this will be the last one.  I sneak peeked a the end, and know that, whatever the reason, the protagonist leaves his beloved islands. The Librarian told me that the book was so new that I was the very first to read it.  At the same time, I picked up "The Grateful Dead", the most recent in the Monkeewrench series by P. J. Tracy.  I have been on the waiting list for that since before it was even available.

So, while I shouldn't lack reading this evening, I'm reluctant to read them too quickly, because then they will be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment