Friday, November 23, 2018

How are your cakes Pati ?

Thinking about your baking spree Pati and wondering how your fruit cakes turned out. I am hoping you were very happy with results as I know what is involved in the preparation of these little wonders.  I pulled out my recipe for Melting Moments that you gave me and wondering about trying them again. First and only time i did they did not turn out - I thought i goofed up somehow but in reading it again it seems simple enough. Your family and friends seem to devour them with delight so i think I'll try again.  I also want to try a date pinwheel recipe i just looked up from our beloved Five Roses cookbooks.  Now Cathy are you going to venture into the culinary, and what have you designs on baking?
I went to the Quilt group meeting yesterday - I did not know what time it started in the morning so being early and finding the room door locked, I stood inside the outside doors ( to keep warm) for 25 minutes until the first lady appeared with the keys to open up. So now I know not to be there until 10 am! Another interesting day with very lively conversations about people I do not know and some that I did recognize by association - lots of gossip. One lady turned to me and said "you must be learning a lot". I guess this goes with the small community atmosphere and ways, so I will just tolerate it for now - as long as they don't start on that Elizabeth Pearce and her weird ways I should be alright haha!
We had troubles with the internet again just around 5 pm Harry could not log on so of course, it was all turned over to me to fix.
It is not pleasant for me to go through this common occurrence and process, and to make it worse, we have to call to the Server technicians who are located in Val D'or Quebec.  I lucked in and got one whose English was so heavy with his French accent that I could not understand his directions. It was a nightmare for me and after an hour unresolved. Bell Canada called a few minutes later (had been notified that I would need a service call to check my line ) and i said all was well. No way a Bell person needs to come in here. the line is working fine as a matter of fact i was on the working phone for heavens sake! I go to thinking about it again so called back and thankfully got a different technician (still a French accent but not as bad) I requested he mail out a new Modem immediately ( i had visions of Harry being without a computer well into next week) he said he had been getting an increase of calls from this area and was on with one person over an hour until he said "Oh it's ok now" So the technician said that it was just another outage from Bell and that i should be back on line myself. Sure enough i logged on and voila.  he and i had a heated discussion then about this common occurrence and why they never got notified by Bell so can tell their customers who call in with complaints,  rather than waste hours trying to trouble shoot over the phone with them.
Well now, it seems I have vented enough about this for now...... Thanks for listening haha! I guess it is on with the day ahead... we have two baby chicks just hatched and probably another to come today. I have my work cut out for me. 
Have a nice weekend folks and stay warm. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment